Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Painting on the Maine Coast

"Pemaquid Point Lighthouse"
11 x 14
New Harbor, Maine


While in Maine with my art friend, Joan, from Connecticut, we stayed at Hotel Pemaquid, a delightful property where Skip Lawrence does summer workshops. In fact, we chatted with Skip the day after he completed a two-week session. Next to the lovely Pemaquid Lighthouse is a sweet gift shop/restaurant where we took most of our meals. On our best sunny day we sat at a picnic table outside the restaurant and painted the lighthouse scene, Joan with oils and me with watercolor. As we painted, many people stopped by to chat, nicely without being intrusive.

4 comments:

Claire M said...

I have a thing about lighthouses, so it was a delight this morning to find your latest painting on your blog. Very nice. Hope you had a great trip.

Mary Paquet said...

I had a great trip. I will post another painting that I did while back East.

Thanks, Claire.

theresamillerwatercolors said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friend! The painting is beautiful!

Mary Paquet said...

Theresa, thanks so much. Joan and I always have so much fun together.