Friday, April 3, 2009

Plein Air at the Rosicrucian Museum

"Rosicrucian Museum and Planetarium"
11" x 14"

I didn't get to blog for a few days because I was busy with art and life. So here is a second post in the same day. Thursday was a lovely day here and the plein air group of the Santa Clara Valley Watercolor Society was painting at the Rosicrucian Museum. I decided to go green and rode my bike to light rail, got off downtown, and rode to the museum. I call this stealth exercise because I am riding for transportation, but get some exercise to boot.

I found a lovely spot to paint and I'm afraid I can't find a map of the grounds. This area is approached from Naglee Avenue. I love the Egyptian columns and the palm trees. Plus, big advantage, there was a table and chairs where I could sit comfortably in the sun and protected from some wind. I was joined for a time by Jenny and also by Jo Mary whom I had not met. We had a lovely time painting. Just before lunch I walked to the Starbuck's across the street to buy coffees for two of us. We ate our picnic lunches in the same area. Along about 1:00 it was time for me to make the 16 mile trek home. Jo Mary was so intrigued by my loaded Bike Friday, florescent vest, and helmet that she took a picture of me. I put a few finishing touches on my sketch this afternoon. I can't seem to get the color and light quite right onthis photograph of my original, but it's close.


2 comments:

Nancy Eaton said...

Another lovely plein air! Beautiful!

Mary Paquet said...

Nancy, thanks so much. I just found out that the Santa Clara Valley Watercolor Society will likely include this painting on their plein air Web page.