Thursday, April 9, 2009

Future experiments




Source for future experiments


My latest edition of Watercolor Artist had the most interesting creativity article. The author suggests using Photoshop to alter your original art, which will help you abstract your painting. I played around with his suggestions a bit yesterday. (1) Open an image of your original art in Photoshop. (2) Select Filter, Artistic, Cutout, and then play with the three parameters presented to get variations of your art. (3) Use these as a source of inspiration for a series of paintings that can be ever more abstract. Here are a couple of mutations that I did with "Mujer de Gaucho 2."


I can't wait to try these, but wait I must. We have a major wedding in the family with Bob's daughter being married on April 18. We are very involved with events and will be hosting about 80 people for brunch the day after the wedding. So if you don't see much activity here in the next week and half, you know I'm cleaning house, shopping, or cooking. We are very excited about Jamie getting married and being a part of the big event.


I just tried the same Photoshop process with one of the cyclamen pictures and that one has awesome potential as an abstract./p>

6 comments:

FitFoodieMegha said...

Your experiments are working Mary! :)

Megha
Art on Sketchbook

Mary Paquet said...

Thanks, Megha. I've watched Mike Bailey and Myrna Wacknov achieve such creative results through experimentation. My goal is to become more accomplished, so I know spending the time and experimenting are the key to success.

r garriott said...

Very fun! Eager to see where you go with this.

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Hi Mary, Interesting color and shape combination. I look forward to seeing what you do with this idea....may have to try it myself sometime!

Sandy Maudlin said...

Mary, You are already such a versatile artist. I enjoyed browsing your blog and will be back soon.

Mary Paquet said...

Thanks to R and Peggy for the encouragement. I will let you see where I go with these.

Sandy, I so enjoy your blog. Thanks for checking in.