Friday, April 20, 2018

"Sunshine" from my garden

"Sunshine"
12" x 12" Watercolor
Spring brings on a desire to paint flowers, so the beat continues. For the past two weeks I have worked on this small piece at Thursday Night Art and at home. These Peruvian Lillies grow in our back yard,. I placed them in a jelly jar with a ribbon around the top and photographed them on my sofa to capture the light. I loved the shadows, the very deep background color, the refracted light, and the abstract pattern in the jar.



3 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Wow! Gorgeous painting, Mary!
We don't have any Peruvian lilies in our yard, but I understand why you are attracted to them. You have definitely done them justice in this lovely watercolor.

Mary Paquet said...

Chris, thank you so much for your nice comment!

Barbra Joan said...

Mary , so nice to see you back here.. Missed you and would constantly come here to see
if you posted any new photos. You and Bob have had some wonderful adventures and I hope they continue .
Your right on target with your art. You've done some beautiful pieces, and this is another one.
Barbra Joan