Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Play It Again Sam

"Fast Food, Vietnam Style"
19" x 14" Watercolor

Before leaving town, I completed an entry for the Santa Clara Valley Watercolor Society Exhibit, "Fast, Fresh, and Friendly," the theme inspired by the Hobee's Restaurant motto. I was not satisfied with the piece, so I've done it over with a touch more color and some white of the paper.  I used the same combination of colors: Pthalo Blue, Ultramarine Blue, New Gamboge, and Scarlet Lake, selected for their transparency. You can compare this one with the original piece. I am happier with this redo.

6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Mary, this looks amazing! I like it even better than the first piece too!

Jean Lurssen said...

I have to admire your doing over a painting with this kind of detail. It never works for me, but for you the second one is definitely better. It has more light and fresh sparkle to it.

Mary Paquet said...

Thanks for the affirmation, friends! Jean, I rarely have good results with redos, but I had committed to the exhibit. I spent many hours on this one.

martinealison said...

Une très belle composition... J'aime l'harmonie de votre palette...

♡ Gros bisous ♡

hmuxo said...

I love them both, Mary! So many details to see. The colors seem to be more vibrant on this one..

Rosemary said...

I'm with Hilda, Mary! Both of them are wonderful - with bold fresh colors and an interesting composition!