Thursday, April 27, 2017

Drawing Class: Guglielmo Winery Supplies a Subject




"2015 Dolcetto
12" x 15 Pastel on Pastel Mat Board

Napa Valley is known as the wine valley in California, but Santa Clara Valley, known today as Silicon Valley, was the first premium wine production region, called "The Valley of the Heart's Delight." French and Italian immigrants brought their vines to our valley during the Gold Rush Era. That tradition continues with at least 30 wineries located here. We belong to two wine clubs and recently enjoyed entertaining guests with Guglielmo's wonderful 2015 Dolcetto.


Our drawing instructor is recovery for surgery, so we are meeting on our own at his suggestion. I created a setup with my empty wine bottle, a wine glass, and tea substituted for wine. Pastel colors are such a challenge. I had to mix multiple colors to achieve the shades I wanted.This time friend Susan gave me a sheet of Pastel Mat which can take lots of pastel. I found it a very nice support.

Here's to happy sipping at the wineries of Santa Clara Valley.


2 comments:

Candy said...

Mary, this is really nice. Your colors turned out great! I'm ready for a sip:)

Mary Paquet said...

Thanks, Candy!!