Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Two for the Road

My touring art kit

My personal items for 3 months
with pannier to carry them

The adventure draws near. The house sitter moves in tomorrow. After a family wedding in Hilton Head, we will make our way to Key West and begin riding the Atlantic Coast for South to North. Check our progress here.

In the top photo you see my sketch pad, my Koi paint set with waterbrush, my Moleskein watercolor sketch journal, my micron pens and brush, pencil and eraser. The mesh bag will carry them. In the bottom photo you see all my clothing for on and off the bike plus toiletries and the black pannier that will carry them. Bob has his own pannier, then we have two more with camping gear (for necessity only), bike tools and repair items. There will be a stuff sack on top of the rack for the tent, Bob's big shoes, and miscellaneous items. A handlebar bag carries small items, a bento box houses my camera, and a small triangle bag carries snacks. Life is simple on a tandem bicycle.

My art will be small, but very fun.

9 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

You lead such an adventurous life, Mary! And painting too? I hope and pray that you have a safe and fabulous trip and I look forward to your art that springs from same.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Hi Mary. I read this last night; then followed the link to read about your most recent bike trip--then I forgot to comment. Have an exciting trip; I'll be following and I look forward to seeing the art.

hmuxo said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip Mary. It sounds very exciting!!

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about you guys! Have a wonderful time.

Celeste Bergin said...

Have a wonderful time---looking forward to seeing some new paintings from your travels:)

Unknown said...

Your traveling art kit is quite inspiring. I am working on organizing what my travel art supplies will look like. Mine are a bit unorganized, but like I said I am working on it.

I am looking forward to more posts of your art from the trip.

Felicia Follum

P.S. I just bought a waterbrush two weekends ago, do you have any tips?

Barbra Joan said...

I will be following you and hope to see you riding by here in Florida, by now though I think you are past the point where we could meet.. Hope your having a wonderful adventure. !! BJ

Nina Jørgensen said...

Wow this looks like so much fun!! Sorry I have not been commenting very often, so many things going on! I am really excited to see what you make, I love the 'on the road' sort of art! :)

Gary Keimig said...

pretty cool and an adventure well worth recording. will look forward to what you produce.