Friday, April 9, 2010

Whole Lot of Framing Going On


"Sunflowers in the Petit Rousset" and "Big Night Out" framed

Matted Plein Air artwork
"Millbrook Farm Irises (Vermont) ," "Aging at the Winery (Cooper Garrod Winery, Saratoga hills) ," and "Winter in San Jose"


Silicon Valley Open Studios begins in three weeks. I have two other artists showing work at my home on the weekend of May 1 and May 2 from 11 to 5. If you live in the Bay Area, I do hope you will stop in.

Bob has been cutting mats and I've been matting, framing, and bagging art. Yesterday I coordinated the distribution of SVOS signs and mapguides to several other studios in the area. We exchanged promotional materials to cross-promote our studios. I have a bit more staging to do. I made some promotional materials including postcards. I sent out a Save the Date e-mail a month ago. This week I will send out the invitation by e-mail, plus I will send postcards to patrons who own my art.

Check out our artists pages by doing a search by name here.
Diane Martarano
Alison Turner
Mary Paquet

The final week before SVOS, I am attending a Stephen Quiller workshop (really exciting), so that means I need to be done with preparation by the end of next week.

5 comments:

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Great framing Mary! Good luck with your studio sale and the Quiller workshop! Fun!

FitFoodieMegha said...

Woww! The paintings looks even better after framing...! You must be very busy...:)

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh my gosh Mary! You are so busy! Those paintings each look delectable and I wish you great success with your open studio show! Wish I lived in the Bay area; I'd come visit!

Mary Paquet said...

Thanks, good friends, for the best wishes. I am very busy getting ready for the show.

Mark Sheeky said...

Nice framing! Good luck for the open studios. I'm sure you'll impress lots of people.