Friday, March 18, 2016

Open House: Successful Endings

 
Beautifully displayed in client's home, this piece is visible
from her beautiful new kitchen and dining area
 
 
 
"The City That Never Sleeps"
36" x 36"
 
 
Pair of Geisha's on display were destined for
a patron's  livingroom
 
 
"Work Kit"
24" x 24"
 
 
"Point of View"
24" x 24"
 
 The Art Show on Saturday was an Open House. Though many of my collectors were unable to attend due to a memorial service planned after I publicized my show, I had a steady stream of visitors. I sold two paintings, the wine series coasters, and cards. Ironically, one sold painting was requested a few hours later by a Reception attendee. I had to disappoint her. Here is a sample of the coasters that I ordered online based on my small purse collages.
 
Coasters
 
Some sales happened after the show. I followed up with potential buyers who purchased my pair of Geishas and the Manhattan themed collage. As this was the first showing of my found paper collage on canvas artwork as a collection, selling large pieces was very satisfying.  Two days after my show, my home gallery remained on display. A salesman for a patio door company came to finalize my order, and he purchased a small painting.
 
I use the Paypal Here device to accept credit cards. I believe that people are more likely to purchase art when this form of payment is available to them. The app is a good record keeper as well.

4 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

Mary, congratulations on an outstanding show! Am I surprised? No, no . I've always known you to be one of the most creative artists that I blog with.
You keep going , girl.
Barbra Joan

Mary said...

Oh Mary, what a fantastic post! Your Open House looks lovely, with all your wonderful work beautifully presented. I wish I had been there! Thank you, too, for showing us the NYC piece in place in your client's home. It sounds as though your show had the success it deserved, as well as being a lovely event for attendees. I have enjoyed my Open Studio Receptions, but haven't done one for a few years. You've inspired me to think ahead to a possible 2017 event. Thank you.

Mary Paquet said...

Barbra. Joan, you are such a dear blog friend!

Mary Paquet said...

Mary, if you have a mailing list and some past clients, you might think of the Reception approach. I sent out a Save the Date online and some snail mail invitations to people who have bought my art in the past or like to see my art. I called it an Art Wine and Cheese Reception. I had about 50 people in attendance who seemed to have a lovely time and I generated the bulk of my sales from that event.