Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Susan's Pitcher at Monday Morning Drawing Class

"Susan's Pitcher"
Unfinished Oastel
 
 
 
I have been attending Monday Morning Drawing Class whenever I'm in town, but I have been unable to finish anything so I have not been posting the pieces. I know that this will lie there in the stack unfinished, so I decided to show the part that is more done. There is actually the rest of the tray and a couple red onions to the left, but I only got to draw them.  There is a bit more table to the right, also. It was fun to do this piece. The finish on this old pitcher is wonderfully worn and a challenge to reproduce.

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

The pitcher looks antique and love the peaches, Mary!!...I can feel the fuzz. I also love the reflections you painted on the tray..A very beautiful pastel painting.!!!

Autumn Leaves said...

Mary, I have always loved your pastel work. This is no exception! That pitcher, with its highlights and hammered copper look...sigh...

Mary said...

Thank you for showing us your WIP, Mary; more of us should share partially finished pieces for the value to others of seeing work develop. I always hesitate to do that although I know it can be interesting.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Mary-your pastel pitcher is lovely. I love your strokes in the background. Lends a sense of movement to this still life. Thank you for sharing while you are in the process of finishing it.