Sunday, September 7, 2014

Painting My Muse

"Hoping for Some Wind"
15" x 24" Watercolor
Bob is ever a source of inspiration. His playful approach to life is very endearing. Yearly we attend a friend's birthday celebration at the San Jose Giants minor league ball game in the VIP booth. Bob worked with Martin in his software days. A bear was their mascot and they purchased these pinwheel topped beanie caps because the pinwheel was supported by a bear. Over the years Martin had to replace the attachment and Bob had to buy a whole new hat, thus the difference in the pinwheel. Bob is the man on the right.They faithfully show up at the game wearing their beanies, and certainly stand out among the fans who mainly sport San Jose or San Francisco Giants hats. I shot a photo late day with the sun creating a backlit rim of light on their right sides. 

Friend Penny, a fellow artist, suggested the title of the painting.  I am still trying to decide if this will be the piece I enter in the Santa Clara Valley Watercolor Society's Annual Members Show. I have to make a decision by Friday.


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement, Mary. It means a lot to me. I think this is fabulous! Love the light and shadows/reflections in this piece. I was trying to guess which guy is Bob, but I am thinking the guy in the shorts, no? I love the ball games!

Mary Paquet said...

Sherry, you are right -- the guy in the shorts. These are both tall men! I should have said that and will edit to include the information.

Sherry, you are a wonderful friend and you have many friends to help you through the roller coaster ride you are on.