Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Painting for a Dear Family Member

"Birds of a Feather"
15" x 18" watercolor

Back in February a family member who has been valiantly battling cancer took a beautiful photo from the window of her home in Vermont. She captured a gorgeous white/grey world with tree branches full of cardinals and a few other birds. Can you find a tiny brown one and a Dove? I asked her if I could paint from her photo.

Life and travel happened, but I finally completed the painting and it is on it's way to her, promised to arrive by tomorrow. I hope it brings her some peace and comfort. If you read my post, kindly send good thoughts or prayers as suits you.

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Mary, I have never seen a tree full of cardinals and it is indeed beautiful. I think God was sending your friend a beautiful comfort and she will indeed be lifted up in prayer.

Mary Paquet said...

Sherri, I sense tht you have a beautiful spirit and your words are comforting to me.

hw (hallie) farber said...

I think your relative received two gifts--the scene outside her window and, now, the painting. How thoughtful of you. It's beautiful.

Mary Paquet said...

Hallie, thanks for you kind words.